The District Social Welfare Office, Senapati is implementing various programme /schemes for the welfare of Aged persons, Disable persons, Widows etc. in the district.
NAME OF THE SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED ARE AS FOLLOWS
- Care Giver Allowance/Maintenance Grant to Persons with Disabilities with High Support Needs.
- Scholarship to students with Disabilities.
- Self Employment Loan with subsidy to the persons with Disabilities along with skill training.
- Free Travel & concession to Persons with Disabilities.
- Maintenance Grant for homeless Older Persons.
- The applicant should have Disability Certificate issued by competent Medical Board.
- Locomotor Disability (LD)/Chronic Neurological Disorder /Blood Disorder – degree of Disability 80% and above.
- Visual Impairment – 100% degree of Disability in the age group of 19 to 59 years.
- Mental Retardation – 40% and above degree of Disability.